Thesaurus of the National Information Center for Educational Media (NICEM), used for indexing the records of NICEM’s bibliographic database.
Owned / Developed by
- Name of Owner – Access Innovations, Inc.
- Name of Developer – Access Innovations, Inc.
- Technical Contact – Mary Garcia, *protected email*
- License Contact – *protected email*
How is this KM applied?
- Manually | Auto-tagging software | Both
- By Authors | Editorial Staff | Professional indexers
How is this KM used?
- Direct Bibliographic Search | Indirect (e.g., used to expose content resulting from other user actions)
- Display | Grouping of results
- People search | Author profiles | Publication profile
Description of the current use cases of the KM
Used for indexing bibliographic records of non-print educational media in the NICEM database.
What are the main goals for using this KM?
- Enhance UX
- Increase Search Engine Ranking
- Increase time user spends on site
- Increase traffic
- Increase downloads
Rationale for KM vs other means of searching and browsing?
The thesaurus contains terms that reflect the subject matter of educational material, especially at the K-12 levels. An associated rule base that has been developed specifically for those terms enables appropriate indexing and accurate retrieval of bibliographic records, as well as user-friendly browsing in conjunction with a search interface.
Is the KM being actively developed?
- Yes, internally
- Terms of license or link to license terms – Contact *protected email*.